Thursday, October 7, 2010

A glimpse at the collection of the artist's family.

Great Horned Owl, 30 x 36,  1984 © William Kratzer,
collection of the artist's family.



Blue jay in winter, 30 x 36, © William Kratzer.
collection of the artist's family.

Farm scene, 24 x 48, © William Kratzer.
collection of the artist's family.

Cabin by the lake, 36 x 48, © William Kratzer.
collection of the artist's family.

Autumn in Algonquin, 36 x 30, © William Kratzer.
collection of the artist's family.

Perched sparrow, 16 x 30, © William Kratzer.
collection of the artist's family.

I thought I'd start off with these paintings, all of which are part of the collection of the family.  There are still many more to be documented and I will be updating this blog with more images as they are collected. This is a brief glimpse at his work. Most of these are from his early/mid to mid-career, aside from the last one which was later on. I've found that much of his work , at least of what still belongs to the family is not dated. Fortunately, because of my connection to my grandfather and his work I can somewhat accurately guess as to when the painting was done. 

Hope everyone enjoys! More to come!
If you own any of Bill Kratzer's paintings, I would be very interested in hearing from you. Feel free to contact me through email williamkratzerpaintings@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. I have a painting that I am in love with. It requires some tic as I know it was in the home of a smoker. Just love his work. If you can give me an email I’ll send a photo

    ReplyDelete